Ecotourism certification requires that the tourism locations strive to meet the Global Development Goals as established by the U.N. The Global Development Goals began in 2000 with the Millennial Development Goals. as an ambitious 15 year plan to create changes for the inhabitants of Earth.
1. To eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
2. To achieve universal primary education
3. To promote gender equality and empower women
4. To reduce child mortality
5. To improve maternal health
6. To combat HIV/AIDS, malaria, and other diseases
7. To ensure environmental sustainability
8. To develop a global partnership for development
This video shows the progress of the old goals and provides an overview of the new goals.
The MDG’s are scheduled to wind down at the end of 2015. A new more comprehensive plan has been developed to replace them. The Sustainable Development Goals are scheduled to begin in 2016 and be completed by 2030.
1. No poverty
2. Zero hunger
3. Good health and well-being
4. Quality education
5. Gender Equality
6. Clean water and sanitation
7. Affordable and clean energy
8. Decent work and economic growth
9. Industry, innovation, infrastructure
10. Reduced inequalities
11. Sustainable cities and communities
12. Responsible consumption, production
13. Climate Action
14. Life below water
15. Life on land
16. Peace, justice, and strong institutions
17. Partnerships for the goals.
buy topamax cheap without prescription
These goals are important for all of us to take into consideration as we make decisions for the future of our world. What are your thoughts on the goals?