It’s Trekking Green’s Blog-iversary!!
enter site Only a small percentage of blogs survive their first year.
go site Today, I am proud to say that I’M ONE OF THEM!
Lessons from blogging for a year:
- I haven’t published every week and the world didn’t come to an end, even though it felt like it might.
- I have to work on my writing most days, or it will never be done on time for Tuesday’s post.
- My punctuation has greatly improved over the past year. Please, if you are a grammar stickler, don’t look back too far in the archives.
- I write for myself and people who are like me. (Many blogs die because the blogger is too focused on getting instant fame, book deals, sponsorships, etc.) While those things would be cool, my goal is to share the information I find because I want us all to live more sustainably.
- Patience, patience, patience. Everything takes longer than this very impatient soul would like.
- I really shouldn’t compare my beginning to someone else’s middle or end. I have no real idea what they have, or are, going through. We will all get to where we are going.
- I love showcasing the hard work that others are doing, whether that is clothing, eco-tourism locations, or what else I happen to come across.
- I care about this space deeply and have cried over it more times than I care to actually admit.
- I have met some amazing people from all over the world. You know who you are. 😉
- Don’t take others criticisms too much too heart, but truly examine the suggestions. If it is coming from a good and honest place, then take the advice. If it is coming from someone trying to keep you down so they feel better, then get them out of your life as soon as possible.
- Be agile and change when necessary (I went through 4 different themes before I settled on one I like, although it is still not perfect).
- Finally, I really don’t like Twitter, but I LOVE Instagram. LOL
Where is this blog going?
- The Beginner’s Guide to Ecotourism launched today for those on the newsletter. If you want to sign up to get the Guide you still can, though I’m not sure how long I’ll keep it available.
- I’ll be attending the Women In Travel Summit in a few weeks. I am really looking forward to meeting all of the amazing people who will be attending.
- I have signed up for a mentoring session with a major travel blogger, so I can get real, focused answers on how to make this blog the best for you!
- I will be working hard to bring you more content about sustainable travel and looking fabulous while out there. More details on that in the future.
- I’m looking to work with more brands to bring you fantastic content. Again, more details later.
- Around Christmas my husband and I will be headed back to Germany for two weeks to celebrate out 10 year wedding anniversary.
Thank you to all of your wonderful people out there who have read my musings and posts week after week!