Los Poblanos Ecotourism Practices
click here Ristra at Los Poblanos Photo by Jeni Sharp © 2015
Continuing our posts on the Los Poblanos Historic Inn and Organic Farm I wanted to let you guys know what practices they have in place to be the best they can be. They have so many wonderful practices and say it so succinctly, so I let them tell you about it:
- Recycling cardboard, plastic, glass, aluminum, and paper. Recycling bins are conveniently located throughout the property.
- Implementing water-saving measures, including guest towels and linens changed by request, and restaurant water served by request.
- Installation of low-flow toilets and shower heads.
- Installation of energy-efficient, double pane guest room windows in new guest rooms.
- Reducing paper consumption, relying on email and message boards, as well as washable cloth napkins, towels, and tablecloths.
- Recycling computer equipment and fluorescent bulbs.
- Using recycled materials in note pads, brochures, flyers, and other necessary hotel collateral.
- Minimal use of biodegradable and eco-friendly, recycled takeout containers for food and beverage operations.
- Reducing electricity demand by using energy-saving light bulbs and flat-screen televisions.
- Upgraded guest room insulation.
- Using low-VOC paints, and environmentally friendly cleaning products.
- Donating lightly used soft goods and amenities to local charities.
- Sourcing food locally at our restaurants and catering operations.
- Restaurant cooking oil is donated for recycling to bio diesel.
buy cheap celexa online http://www.lospoblanos.com/about/preservation/green-initiatives/
Follow Trekking Green on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or Instagram.